About Surrogate Alternatives
Our agency has been THE pioneer agency in San Diego County, since 1998. We have worked with over 2,000 couples globally and have had the privilege of being a part of the birth of over 1,500 babies.Our surrogates & egg donors are criminally screened prior to acceptance as well as medically and psychologically screened after they are matched. The professionals involved in your arrangement are trained in this specialized field, which helps to ensure a smooth journey and the ability to make sure all of your rights as a parent are protected in every way. We are one of the few agencies that offer profiles of available surrogate mothers at no-charge to our clients.
Potential surrogates who apply through our program go through an initial prescreening process in-person or through Skype if they are not local to our office as well as an in-depth phone consultation to see if she would be a good candidate for our program. The surrogates we accept (45% of all that apply) are financially stable women who have had easy, enjoyable, uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries.
What Surrogate Alternatives provides to our clients:
- Pre-screening, selection and matching process
- Coordination of any necessary travel arrangements for the surrogate
- Organization of legal services for the intended parents and the surrogate with reputable reproductive law attorneys
- Escrow management: disbursement of compensation checks, monthly expenses and all financial reimbursements to the surrogate, as well as monthly statements to the intended parents (upon request)
- Referral of the intended parents and their surrogate to a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in of third party reproduction
- Surrogate support through group meetings, an online support forum, phone calls and email will be arranged for the surrogate throughout the arrangement
Refer the surrogate to an insurance agent for life insurance
- Refer the surrogate to an insurance agent for medical insurance to cover the surrogate during pregnancy and delivery
- Oversee all necessary legal filings and procedures to establish parental rights for the intended parents
- Attend the surrogates embryo transfer (if requested by the surrogate or intended parents)
- Attend the birth
The practice of Psychology
“The strongest endorsement I can make of an agency is that I trust them with my reputation. It’s the most valuable professional asset. I can’t risk tarnishing that hard won reputation by associating myself with an agency that is not themselves are well respected. I elect to partner only with agencies who I believe work as hard as I do in helping to turn your dreams of a family into reality-an agency that shows compassion and support for prospective parents, donors, and surrogates-an agency like Surrogate Alternatives. I trust them with my reputation. You can trust them with your dreams.”
– Sylvia Marnella, Ph.D.
Related to Assisted Reproduction