Our agency has been THE pioneer agency in San Diego County, since 1998. We have worked with over 2,000 couples globally and have had the privilege of being a part of the birth of over 1,500 babies.
Our surrogates & egg donors are criminally screened prior to acceptance as well as medically and psychologically screened after they are matched. The professionals involved in your arrangement are trained in this specialized field, which helps to ensure a smooth journey and the ability to make sure all of your rights as a parent are protected in every way. We are one of the few agencies that offer profiles of available surrogate mothers at no-charge to our clients.
Most people are concerned with having a stranger carry a child for them. To help alleviate this concern and reassure you, all of our surrogates are criminally screened by our agency prior to their acceptance as well as medically and psychologically screened after they are matched. Potential surrogate mothers who apply through our program go through an initial prescreening process in-person and/or an in-depth phone consultation to see if she would be a good candidate for our program. The surrogate mothers we accept (45% of all that apply) are financially stable women and have easy, enjoyable, uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries.
The professionals involved in your arrangement are trained in this specialized field, which helps to ensure a smooth journey and the ability to make sure all of your rights as a parent are protected in every way. We are one of the few agencies that offer profiles of available surrogate mothers at no-charge to our clients. We want to make sure that we have a surrogate you are interested in before having you commit to us in any way.
The agency fee that Surrogate Alternatives charges, is on the lower side (comparably) to better financially accommodate the needs of our clients. We realize that the entire process of surrogacy is quite costly and we do our best to minimize the out of pocket costs to you. We also offer our clients the option of depositing the money due to your surrogate into the escrow account in stages, instead of all at once.
Miracles DO happen and we strive to make that miracle happen for you! Life is precious and with the help of the caring, compassionate women that are a part of our program, you too can hold that child you so longingly desire in your arms.
Contact us today for a free no-obligation consultation and to receive profiles of our available surrogates. We never have a waiting list for you to be matched with a surrogate mother and since your time is precious, we work hard to make sure you have a baby as soon as possible.
What Surrogate Alternatives provides to our clients:
- Pre-screening, selection and matching process
- Coordination of any necessary travel arrangements for the surrogate
- Organization of legal services for the intended parents and the surrogate with reputable reproductive law attorneys
- Escrow management: disbursement of compensation checks, monthly expenses and all financial reimbursements to the surrogate, as well as monthly statements to the intended parents (upon request)
- Referral of the intended parents and their surrogate to a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in of third party reproduction
- Surrogate support through group meetings, an online support forum, phone calls and email will be arranged for the surrogate throughout the arrangement
- Refer the surrogate to an insurance agent for life insurance
- Refer the surrogate to an insurance agent for medical insurance to cover the surrogate during pregnancy and delivery
- Oversee all necessary legal filings and procedures to establish parental rights for the intended parents
- Attend the surrogates embryo transfer (if requested by the surrogate or intended parents)
- Attend the birth
Egg Donation Services:
- Pre-screening, selection and matching process
- Coordination of any necessary travel arrangements for the egg donor
- Organization of legal services for intended parents and the egg donor with reputable reproductive law attorneys
- Disbursement of egg donor compensation, as well as other miscellaneous expenses paid per contract
- Locate satellite clinic to monitor the egg donor (this may be necessary in the event the intended parents’ clinic is not within a reasonable distance from the egg donor’s residence)
- Referral of the intended parents and the egg donor to a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in third party reproduction.
- Locate mandatory health and life insurance for the egg donor
- Attend the egg retrieval (if possible and requested by the egg donor in advance)
The practice of Psychology
The strongest endorsement I can make of an agency is that I trust them with my reputation. It’s the most valuable professional asset. I can’t risk tarnishing that hard won reputation by associating myself with an agency that is not themselves are well respected.
I elect to partner only with agencies who I believe work as hard as I do in helping to turn your dreams of a family into reality-an agency that shows compassion and support for prospective parents, donors, and surrogates-an agency like Surrogate Alternatives.
I trust them with my reputation. You can trust them with your dreams.
– Sylvia Marnella, Ph.D.
Related to Assisted Reproduction