- San Diego’s pioneer agency established in 1998.
SAI was founded in 1998 by surrogate and egg donor Diana Olmeda who noticed that couples suffering from infertility were having trouble finding someone to help them. Surrogacy wasn’t very popular at the time and SAI was able to establish its roots in San Diego and begin its journey as a premier world renown agency. We’ve been trusted with building families since 1998 and we are extremely proud of our established legacy.
- Dedicated Surrogate Support Team.As a surrogate and as an intended parent we have the support system in place to assist you through what can be an unfamiliar process. Once surrogates are matched they are introduced to their Surrogate Support Team (SST). This team is responsible for assisting the surrogate through appointments and with guidance and advice. Our SST isn’t a Case Manager or an Agency Director who’s pulled from their regular duty to help you, instead your SST member’s sole duty is to be there to support YOU the surrogate. Our surrogate support team is made up of experienced surrogates who have gone through the same journey’s our surrogates are going through. Our main Surrogate Support Coordinator has been a surrogate with SAI 6 times! Our experience speaks for itself and we don’t just let you go once you’ve signed on with our agency. We’re family. We’re here for our clients and surrogates and to help them understand the process and to make it as seamless as possible, which is one of the main reasons to become a surrogate with our agency!
- A+rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2001.
SAI became a member of the BBB in 2001 and has since maintained an A+ rating. Speaks volumes.
- Competitive compensations
Don’t be fooled by agency’s who promise large sums of money to become a surrogate. It’s not true and any agency who says you’ll make an insane amount of money is not being honest with you. We respect our surrogates and our intended parents not to do this, but most of all we respect ourselves and our reason for creating this agency. We’ve been operating with ethics and morals and extreme integrity since 1998 and while not everyone follows in our footsteps you can count on SAI to maintain full disclosure. While you might be enticed by certain agency’s with their “large” compensation packages, give us a chance, speak to us, learn about our agency and what we offer and if you still think it’s about the compensation package then we’ll match any agency’s offer. That’s right! Surrogate mother compensation extends beyond the pregnancy base pay and every surrogate situation is different. However, please take the time to speak to our Surrogate Intake Director who can guide you along and who will answer your questions openly and honestly.
- Caring agency made of current and former surrogates.
Collectively our staff is responsible for over 28 children being born whether through surrogacy or egg donation, our caring team is made of current and former surrogates who all have personal experience.
- Monthly surrogate support group meetings and family events.
Surrogate Alternatives, Inc. is committed to standing by and helping our surrogates throughout their journeys. We promote a family atmosphere and encourage our surrogates to participate in our monthly support group meetings. Throughout the years we’ve also had events such as the Summer Kick Off where we’ve given away a brand new car! Or the Halloween and Springtime Events.
- Health and Wellness Package for our surrogates.
If you haven’t guessed by now but we really love pampering our surrogates. And why shouldn’t we? They’re in the process of creating life and building a new family. On top of it all, they’re also taking care of their own families. We recognize that life can get a little hectic and that’s why we make sure that we take care of our surrogates mental and physical state through our health and wellness partner. These packages allow our surrogates to unwind, relax and take a breather.
- Outstanding reputation among the IVF/Infertility community.
SAI was created in 1998 and throughout the years we’ve had the pleasure of working with many of the leading IVF clinics in the country. Our reputation within our industry is a positive one, just ask around.
We believe in Honor, Integrity and Trust.
Surrogacy is a big decision and whether you’re looking at becoming a surrogate, egg donor or parent the decision is a life changing one. We realize the gravity of building a family. We realize that you’re looking at putting your trust in our hands and that’s why we pride ourselves in having honor, integrity and trust. There’s no lying to our surrogates and parents, there’s no marketing gimmicks to get you to sign with SAI. We mean what we say and say what we mean. We have integrity and we’ve been trusted for over 18years. We hear the countless horror stories of women and parents who put their trust in agency’s only to find out it’s not what they thought. It’s a sad but true reality. Our staff handles contracts, relationships and business with the utmost ethical and moral business standards. Our own staff is made up of current and former surrogates who have not worked for other agency’s and who have not left on bad terms. We’ve hired intelligent passionate people who have integrity and loyalty and who have not jumped from agency to agency. We are passionate in what we do and we are prideful of our honor, integrity and trust.
- Surrogate retreats three times a year.
Three times a year we surprise our surrogates by choosing a relaxing destination where our surrogates can let go for the weekend and get away from it all. It’s a time to enjoy being alone or with their surro sisters. The weekends are spent lounging by the pool , watching movies, shopping, swimming, eating delicious meals and building positive and long lasting friendships.